Tuesday 17 January 2012

Advanced Production Evaluation

In what ways does your media products use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


I tried to follow classic conventions of the genre 'Drum and base' to create a realistic video, poster and digipak. I tried to use dark colours to create a 'young, club' feeling throughout the whole of my products, which in my audience feed back was recognised by my target audience, as they found it relatable. 

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
The combination of my main product and ancillary text are effective by how i have used the same consistant theme,layout,text and images through out my final video,digipak and poster. I manipulated them so that the format fits with the type of promotional media which is a digipak and poster. All of these products feature the same main character, same image, same font and same colour scheme so that it is regonisable to the audience.
When filming my music video i filmed in night mode, this was the best way to film my footage as most of it was shot in a dark nightclub. I also purposley used this as a theme as i was influenced by the work of Chase and Staus, who i researched into at the start of my coursework. They use mostly hand held camera work in their music videos which i also did. This night vison effect is associated with the 'clubbing' scene which i thought my audience could relate to.
I have made my promotional products based on my target audience. From my audience feedback i can say i have met my aim, which was to target my target audience.

What have you learned from your audience feedback?
From my audience feedback i have learnt what my target audience expect from a video in the 'drum and base' genre. It is important to have audience feedback as you can improve and perfect your final product based upon your target audiences opinion. All types of feedback, positive or negative, as they are a fair, non-biased opinion and are important as they highlight the positive points and also the negative.


These are the main points which were made by my audience in my focus group:
1. "The way you edited it with the beat and tempo of the music and how you changed the speed of some scenes fits really well." (female, 18)
2. "The night vision mode is good but a bit of a distraction." (Male, 20)
3. " The digipak and poster are really good and they have a consistent look which is recognisable for the audience. (Male,18)
4. "Your final video is really relate-able to a typical night out in our age range" (female,19)
5. "The way the whole of your footage is hand held camerawork is realistic but it sometimes looks unprofessional." (male, 18)
6. "The story line is good but nothing really happens at the end." (female, 17)


From this feedback i have realised that i should of planned my video better, used a tripod to show staged shots and to keep the camera steady and also shot some footage without night vision. I am happy with most of the feedback i have had back and i appreciate the other opinions as knowing them now will make my next film clip better. My feedback was mostly positive, which i am very pleased with.





How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation?

During the research and planning stages i used Blogger to document all of my work and to record all of my ideas and progress. Using Blogger was a lot easier than having sheets of paper, which would usually get lost, as all of my hard work was in one place where i could access it at anytime and anywhere with an internet connection. I also used scanners to scan in my mock ups and uploaded them to my blog to show where my ideas have came from and what changes i have made.
I used a internet memory space called Dropbox to store any work which i could not upload directly to Blogger. Dropbox allowed me to save images, word documents etc to my personal space where i could log in and save to my blog/memory stick.

I used Microsoft Word to create charts and graphs to analyses my audience research.
To create my poster and digipak i used Adobe Photoshop CS3. A editing suite for photographs which have endless possibilities to edit and manipulate how ever you want. I used tutorials online to help develop my knowledge of Photoshop and how to use the tools to their full potential.
I used Final Cut Pro to edit my footage and to create my final music video. I used the time lapse effect a number of times to make my footage faster or slower depending on how it flowed with my video and the music.

New media technologies helped me with my research, planning and evaluation a lot by using the internet it helped me keep my work in order and organised.



No comments:

Post a Comment